View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
As for colors, there are standard Colors like Guardsman Blue. But when I was at the Barrett Jackson in Vegas in October and spoke with the owner of Superformance he said they are widening their marketing. There are two classes of Cobra buyers - us "old farts" that tend towards more originality but there are newer buyers that aren't locked into originality and are wanting a wide variety of colors and even interior changes like the dash and including things like radios. SPF will build those too - but they are extra and since one offs, priced on time and materials.
Your spot on there buddy. And yes I am one of those old farts who want that authentic experience right down to the 4 speed top loader. And if I can find one a 427FE (or as close as possible) of some description
There are soooo many hot rods out there wher I think they are only intereetd in the 'ideology' of a Cobra and not the car itself. Some I have seen truely beg the question, why bother weher the only remnants of the original Cobra is the body shape