View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Or put a nice sized capacitor across the power feeds right in front of the pump. The capacitor will allow alternating current to pass through it, and back to the source, without going to the pump motor. It will also buffer and smooth out the DC voltage going to the pump itself. If you buy the MSD capacitor, you get a nice mounting bracket with it. Now, it's nothing magic, just a 26 Kufd capacitor (that you can buy from Mouser for a lot less). Installing it just takes stripping back two wires and screwing in a clamp. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...a/instructions You have other DC motors that sit on the alternator side of the ammeter, like your radiator fans, your heater blower fan, etc. but Holley does seem to want it wired to the battery, so I would use a heavy gauge wire (10 gauge) and clean up the feed with a capacitor, if running it from the fuse box. I do that with my MSD box, even though it's wired a foot from the battery. There are tons of threads on how the capacitor extends the life of the MSD box.