View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
Dan I have always been a fan of vintage speed parts. At the swap meets around here you don't see much old speed parts any more. At the Ohio Ford swap last thanksgiving there was lots to old performance parts there. The old speed parts are out there but hard to find and getting expensive.
There is no telling how much has been discarded or melted down. Lots of family members don’t get deep into their family’s car enthusiast nuts and bolts activities I bet. Original Cobra parts wise, the best parts and lowest prices are often ones misidentified in estate sales. Every year ever more caches of 1962-1970 stuff come out of hiding as either the enthusiast drastically downsizes, gets very ill, or dies. Original Cobras and parts have been coming up for sale recently just as part of downsizing. Something like, “Yeah, I have had that (insert the description of all kinds of goodies) for (insert maybe one to five) decades. I thought I would use it but now I realize I won’t.”

In part some of the extreme sales prices or outrageous trades have been due to the realization us ‘baby boomers’ aren’t going to be out driving play cars and or living another four decades. I have waited decades to buy something like C6FE GT40 / Group II heads until my disposable income was truly disposable into play. Real dollar wise on my income curve, race cylinder heads were cheaper in 2002 than 1969.

A place look to look for or ask about 1964 and earlier “speed & sport” type accessories is the H.A.M.B.
forum.

Last edited by Dan Case; 03-31-2020 at 10:53 AM..