View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default My Street 289 build

I have a Bruce Chervenak 289 body and chassis that he built for me. I thought it might be enjoyable to document the build and share the trials and tribulations with others. The original plan was to start this a couple of years ago, but kids in college, graduating, and moving away has seemed to eat up any free time. Now, since becoming an empty nester, I have a little more time to get the Cobra on the schedule. The chassis is well constructed, but not exactly plug-n-play. There are some items that will have to be added and reconstructed, but that’s fine with me because it allows me to build and finish the car the way I want it. It uses Factory Five (Mustang SN95) front suspension and rear T-Bird 8.8 IRS diff and suspension. This appealed to me because 1) parts and pieces are easy to acquire and 2) transverse leaf spring suspension is really cool, but I don’t want to drive on it. My goal is to build a 289 car sort of accurate enough to make some ask “is it real” (although Dan Case would know different in .0001 sec.) and will be fun to drive and maybe do some rallying in. I’ve built and shown my concours cars, so now I want to do a fun one.
Attached Images