Old 04-04-2020, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
Hey I was looking thru Bob Mannel's book. O
Anyhow I was wondering . By late in 63 was Ford having Dearborn steel tubing box these and other cobra kits parts up? Or would they be getting the scatter shields from Shelby? I wonder what version of the scatter shield the Comet would have come with from ford?

Refer to reply #14. All the packages of any part, size pack, and year I have seen as "Cobra Kit" items with shipping labels had DST return addressed labels.

Evidence suggests that versions 1 and 2 were obtained by SA directly for their applications, version 3 is sort of a missing link with a Ford aftermarket accessory engineering number, and all the others with Ford 'production type' engineering numbers came through Ford-DST.

Day one onward, not everything customers could get was the same as SA bought or made for their own use. This has misled countless people since the 1960s who assume incorrectly that everything in a SA catalog or parts list is the same as used in new cars, street or race, SA completed.

Last edited by Dan Case; 04-04-2020 at 03:11 PM..