View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ok so as I continue on my manic obsession for 'affordable' authenticity I have now been focusing on the cosmetic side of things.

Colour wise it would appear that 'Guardsman Blue' was the only original blue offered by the factory (I know.. yes I want a blue one too !!)
Is that correct?

I was originally going to focus on a roadster with the front and rear roadster bumpers and glovebox however then I read that the roadster never had the side pipes, a must in my opinion, or the Good Year Eagle billboard tyres which I am keen on. So I changed my focus to the S/C. Then I find the S/C which did have the side pipes, large filler cap etc, never had the roadster bumpers, only jack brackets and no glove box
Then just to make it more confusing when you pull up pictures of authentic 65/66 427 S/Cs sold over the years at auctions you do see S/C with roadster bumpers and glove boxes.

One interesting option I found was some manic people like me actually select an original CSX3xxx car and simply copy it as much as they can. I guess that would be one answer

Can I have 427 S/C with side pipes and glovebox along with roadster bumpers and still be satisfied that it is appropriate or will I have the bastard child of a 427 roadster/427 S/C one night stand?

I've just purchased a book off eBay that I hope will enlighten me further. 'Shelby Cobra: The Snake That Conquered the World by Colin Comer'.
Looking forward to a good!