View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Hi Andrew, Tom again. If I may add some info. from the Ol'Days, when these street (427) cars, were just used cars, and many were made into A Production race cars, so roll bars, side pipes race screens, gauges, etc. were added to make them FASTER, and more (SC type) race ready. So as you can see, people were more liberal (No one cared that it wasn't stock anymore) was just a old Cobra Example: In 1972 there was a 427 street Cobra for sale here in the Pacific Northwest Washington (Seattle Wa.) for $7000, well I wanted that car, more then life it self But being 18yo, and making $1.35 an hour that wasn't going to happen So a older friend brought that 427, and we made a A production race car out of it. Anything that didn't make it go FASTER, those item's were, given or thrown away, we're building a race car, Damn it, Weigh & HP the only thing that mattered , not worried about stock piece's, I know the seats went in a MGB, so that's why you may see cars, that have certain piece's where other one don't. A sad ending to that Cobra, I was working turn 5 @Pacific Raceways, the Cobra went off there, backwards, split the fuel tank, it burnt to ground in front of me (Driver was unhurt), I'm not ashamed to say, I cried watching it go up in flames, I and the rest of the crew loved that car. (3am LOUD warm up's at the owner house, quick run up the street, before loading at up, for the race the next day, his neighbor hated him ). Fun times & Great memories. ,Cheers Tom.

Last edited by Alfa02; 04-06-2020 at 05:37 PM..