View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAddict View Post
Thanks for the great comments. Yeah I can imagine now after looking at some 360 pics that what you say makes sense. These were certainly not million dollar cars in their day rather very average built hoon cars bordering on our kit cars of today with very little quality in them. So they would have certainly been bastardised in their day. Nowadays those bastardised cars have become classics and any early mods they had are now considered 'original' and no one dare strip one back to its basic factory release format.
Still was interesting how S/C's have not shown this trend. They are all very true to the 'supposed' standard. I guess they were all basically track cars and so no fancy trim was considered a benefit hence no S/Cs with roadster bumpers or ashtrays or chrome pipes
I am assuming that your comment above referred to the kit cars of old. The kits available these days are very well engineered and are light years ahead of the originals. Having said that I am sure all of us would have a 60's car if we could afford it!

The Superformance is a great car too and may be your best bet.

Cheers,
Ben