View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Congrats on your purchase. This is the beginning of a great adventure.
While I have heard all the comments regarding tires expressed here so far, a lot depends on how you plan to drive the car. Is it strictly a road car pleasure vehicle or a part time track car? That would make a great difference in the tires you choose. Drag radials have the potential to cause axle problems if used as they were intended. Sticky tires while great fun when used on a track will pickup stones and fling them against the underside of the fiberglass and cause damage to the paint that looks like stars....
Due to the age of your car there are a few things that should be looked at too. Just as a matter of safety and continued happy motoring.
There are also some simple upgrades that should be considered, things added to later year chassis. And there is one very important thing that should be checked on the rear suspension. The top shock tower mounting bracket.
Easiest thing would be to contact me directly, my contact info is below. 5 mins on the phone vs 30 mins of typing....
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net