View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible Autos NY with Windsor 351 & Borg-Warner T5
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASKETBOY View Post
Welcome Vic.

The process isn't too bad. The CA DMV website and others have plenty of info for rainy day internet surfing.

I personally went thru the process with mine almost three years ago. I'd like to say it was painless but it wasn't too bad in retrospect.

There are a lot of steps that must be followed in order and most require appointments that will most likely be pretty far out into the future. You will start with DMV, get to go to the Highway Patrol office for a VIN verification, a California CARB referee station (at least twice in my case), a private shop for a brake and light inspection and a final trip to your local DMV to process it all and hand you plates.

Bring any and all of your paperwork to the DMV and CARB referee. Do yourself a favor and make sure you have a closed PVC system that meets the CARB requirement.

Do yourself a huge favor and read up on SB100 and the steps. Odds are that the person at the DMV counter will not be aware of the process so expect a manager to have to step in. That was the case for me.

All-in-all its not too bad. The good news is that there should be plenty of SB100 numbers available.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I really appreciate the input my friend. I've been reading about it night and day almost but it's really good to hear from a fellow enthusiast that has done it. Car should arrive later next week and my luck all the DMV's are closed and I'm sure it will be a nightmare after they resume operations. I will do as you suggested and will let you know how it goes.

How do you like your 427 so far?