View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKII
Not Ranked     
Default Winter Interior and Dash Project Completed on SPF MKII

I completed the transformation of the interior and dash details on my Superformance MKII Cobra yesterday.
This included:

1.Changed from a single green dash light for the turn signals to two original green lights.
2.Changed the location of the bright light indicator to its proper place and changed to the original light and jewel.
3.Repunched the dash for the correct alternator warning light and installed the correct housing and light.
4.Relocated and changed the ignition switch to an original switch and bezel and original keys.
5.Replaced the Headlight switch with the proper switch, bezel and knob.
6.Relocated and changed the wiper switch, knob and bezel to match the other switches.
7.Changed the knob and bezel on the heater blower switch to match the other switches.
8.Changed the knob on the heater direction switch to match the other switches.
9.Eliminated the dash light dimmer switch and punched the dash to install a period correct cigar lighter with matching knob (to plug in battery maintainer).
10.Changed the knob on the heat control to match the other knobs and added a period correct bezel that says “choke”.
11.Replaced the SPF clock with an original 289 Cobra clock, had the bezel chromed and had a quartz movement installed in it.
12.Replaced the 15” steering wheel with an original 16” steering wheel.
13.Fabricated a mounting bracket to attach the leather door pull straps to the center door ferrule.
14.Replaced the visors and wind wings with the proper “Cobra” engraved units.
15.Replaced the SPF foot pedals with the proper “AC” pedals.
16.Had a tool fabricated to bend the clutch pedal arm to give more room between the pedals to be able to drive with normal shoes on.
17.Added custom cut period correct protective clear floor mats with non-slip barbs on the underside.
18.Replaced the SPF plain 2-bar knock-offs with proper “AC” knock-offs from the UK.
19. Replaced the SPF shifter handle and knob with correct length shifter.

Pictures to follow.

Last edited by caccobra; 04-12-2020 at 02:40 PM..