View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKII
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivygreen65 View Post
Who did your quartz clock conversion, or did you find a kit?
North Hollywood Speedometer did the restoration and conversion of the clock (https://www.nhspeedometer.com/). No one makes a kit for it. Before sending the clock to them I had the front half of the case chromed, since Cobra clocks had a chrome bezel, the Ford Galaxie version did not. Shelby used the 1962 Ford Galaxie 500XL dash clock in place of the clock that AC originally supplied, because the UK clocks were very unreliable. The Galaxie clocks weren’t much better and that is why most owners have them converted to a quartz movement. North Hollywood Speedometer is used by original Cobra owners on the west coast, so they are very familiar with how to convert them. armrer recommended them to me, since he had used them to convert his clock. They did a great job on it.

I actually sent them two clocks to convert, but the crystal on the other one was too far gone to save. If someone has a good original crystal, I have a clock that already has the case chromed I can part with for what I have in it, if that helps anyone. These original clocks are getting harder and harder to find these days.

The other clock is the one on the left in the picture.
Attached Images

Last edited by caccobra; 04-13-2020 at 02:40 PM..