View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAddict View Post
No not at all. Many years ago this was the case where it had to be a club event or for the purposes of testing the car after a tune up for example. It also included a limit of 8,000km on the allowable max distance travelled per year however today the rules are allot more liberal. I had my previous Alfa Montreal and Ferrari 348ts both on CP and there was not a worry in the world driving them whenever I wanted to.

If you look up 'Club Permits' under VICROADS you get the following information.

Driving on a club permit in Victoria

You can buy either a 45 day or 90 day permit. This means, means you can use your club permit vehicle for that many days per year, but you must keep a log book of all your trips.

A club permit vehicle may be driven by anyone (including learner permit holders) who holds the applicable licence category for the vehicle, unless legally as a 'driver under instruction'

Club permit holders must:

ensure that the vehicle is only used for private use and is not used for commercial use
ensure they are familiar with their particular club’s requirements for club permit holders
ensure they are familiar with the log book requirements
maintain their vehicles in a manner which ensures that the vehicle is in a 'safe' condition for use on a highway
present their vehicle for periodic safety checks if prescribed by their club, or in the case of street rods, if prescribed by the Australian Street Rod Federation
maintain financial membership of the club at all times whilst holding a club permit
ensure that the log book and permit is carried in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is in use
ensure that the number plate(s) and windscreen label as issued by us are correctly displayed on the vehicle at all times when the vehicle is in use.

Club permit vehicles may be driven throughout all states and territories provided that the vehicle complies with Victorian requirements for the holding of the club permit.

The trips themselves can be pretty much anything short of going to work and back each day I guess !
WOW why would anyone waste there time and money getting full vic rego? CP 10th the price and same privileges! and you dont have to comply with any adr's
Up here club rego limited to club events, no night trips, certain amount of trips outside of club sponsored. and definitely no interstate trips
nothing like you have there!