View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Are Shelby’s cars really the same as 55 yrears ago? Weren’t they supplied without engines for a start?

On the other hand, Jaguar, with the D-Type, and Aston Martin with the DB4GT Zagato, did actually produce cars that are as close to the originals (true “nut-and-bolt” replicas) as is possible. Because of the accuracy of the reproductions, they of course cost megabucks to produce and even more megabucks for a select few new owners.

Does that sound like Shelby Cobra Continuation cars?

Another point of difference, because they are accurate replicas of 1950’s and 1960’s cars, they (I believe) are not road-registerable.

Cheers!
Glen
This sounds like a very logical post. Good job.
That being said, this fourm is full of guys (not all) who like to put down or otherwise demoralize the cars and people who own continuation cobras. They are if fact made by Shelby and have a shelby vin #. on this web site people laugh at us who paid a premium for a CSX car, its getting exhausting.
Look on the international forums and it is quite opposite. This thread is full of arguing, fighting and fussing over whos car is better... Quite juvenile in my opinion. I owned a top shelf replica (ERA ) for 17 years, loved the car. is it better than my CSX car? different topic all together. Guys, we all need to stop arguing about whos car is better whos car is "real" and who has a "kit car" its really making the entire cobra group look like a bunch of 8itches arguing over nothing... RANT OVER...

Last edited by ERA 626; 04-25-2020 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: the word *****