View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 12:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by alffie View Post
WOW why would anyone waste there time and money getting full vic rego? CP 10th the price and same privileges! and you dont have to comply with any adr's
Up here club rego limited to club events, no night trips, certain amount of trips outside of club sponsored. and definitely no interstate trips
nothing like you have there!

Certainly that’s my opinion as well, at least in Victoria. I own a 2004 Ferrari 360 Spider and I would have it on a CP in a heartbeat if I could however the car needs to be at least 25 years old to qualify so I have a few years to go yet.

I had my previous cars, a 1974 Alfa Montreal and a 1992 Ferrari 348ts on CP for 20 odd years between them and I have never once been pulled up by the cops to check my log book. I pretty much drove on any sunny day I could to just about any destination unabated and at a fraction of the cost of normal rego and insurance.
As you suggested the rego is about 1/10 normal full registration and your comprehensive insurance goes down to at least a quarter or more as well. It’s a bit of mucking around getting it set up for the first time requiring club membership, a road worthy certificate and the signature of the Club Secretary on several bits of paper but once it done and you have the plates it’s easy to keep going.
The only downside is you ‘cannot’ get customised plates on a CP which has always been a bone of contention. The Ferrari club lobbied extensively to get this changed and the end result was that the system that runs the production and tracking of the CP plate register is a completely separate part of VicRoads compared to your standard rego plates and, so we were told, they are waiting on state funding to upgrade the computer system and software they use so it can include and track personalised plates. As yet they have not received any state funding for the upgrade so we are stuck using the old ‘outdated’ system which can only generate the one type and colour plate.

One thing for sure your description of how it is in the NT just goes to show how it differs from state to state so I certainly cant vouch for anyone else in the other states but boy your rules appear truly draconian. But then you guys in the NT have always done things a little different than the rest of us.

Maybe it’s just another part of the fallout from the now famous ‘NT Cannonball Runs’. So famous there for a while until its unfortunate and tragic demise Maybe that was a catalyst that tightened up all the road rules across the board for you guys
Attached Images

Last edited by CobraAddict; 04-26-2020 at 12:59 AM..