View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAddict View Post
In my continued die hard quest to get something as authentic as possible, yet not buy a continuation car which I question how authentic they are anyway, I have decided to try to emulate one particular car I found which I love that has pretty much everything I want in a reproduction. Yes its Guardsman Blue too !

CSX3045 is the look I think I want most and hopefully if I can source a good 427 FE side oiler and 4 speed top loader (pretty surer I've found a couple of sources in the US) and stick them in a Superformance chassis I think I will have found the right balance is new vs old for a fair and reasonable outlay. It sold for around $2.2 Mill back in 2015 at Sotheby's (Amelia Island) in March 2015 so I'm assuming that the car world considers this a pretty genuine item. At least that’s the theory now. I may yet completely change my mind but that’s where I am at now
That definitely does not look like Guardsman on my iPhone but colours do appear different on any computer, phone, etc. I agree that Guardsman is “more Smokey” as I cannot think of another way describe. Remember most colours look great on these cars and there are so many blues to choose from.

Also remember Shelby’s team played around with colours in the originals so some blues may be custom blended.

Last edited by KDubU; 04-26-2020 at 08:46 AM..