CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default What he said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
Connor,

If I read you correctly, you want to build a Cobra from scratch using a 4 cylinder Nisan as the donor car.

To those who love the Cobra and the replica rage in recreating something of high quality, you are the anti-Christ.

You will likely get a warmer welcome by your Church elders after asking to take nude pictures of their daughters, in their Church.

Clueless Clowns building unsafe cars can easily get our sport legislated into oblivion.

Please build a Chevy Vega or a Ford Pinto. Any piece of $hit car that few people care about. Not the Holy Grail of performance cars.

I usually say each to their own, but as my end time is nearing (hopefully years not days) I have no sense of humor when it comes to someone building something like you propose. However that all said I admire your desire to build a car. Just try not to put a turd in my punch bowl.
Brilliant and to the point! This project will be an exercise in futility. At best you will end up with an abomination that won't be worth its weight in scrap.
As was already stated, having the will to build a car from scratch is admirable in itself, but at least you should want your efforts to amount to something worthwhile and reflective of the tremendous amount of time, work and effort that will be invested into it.

To olddog - blessed are those who have lived long enough to appreciate the value in telling the unvarnished truth! Cheers and here's to many more years!

BTW, Connor - welcome to the club!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...