View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 Antique and Collectibles Autos, Inc, 302
Not Ranked     
Default The Motor Has Landed

I hope thing are well with all of you. Well the motor is in and all bolted down, including the trans. I might have to tilt the trans and motor down just a little in the rear but all seems to be fine. Now to my header dilemma. I have been working with Dana from Shell Valley and he has been a great help. But the issue that I'm having with the headers is that the Diver side is not fitting quite right. The passenger side is fitting really nice, it the driver side that dose not seem correct. Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about. The driver side seems to be twisted and is pushing into the frame. Now the first driver side header was super bad and twisting back toward the chassis, actually going under the frame of the car. Called Dana and and he sent me a different driver side header and its not as bad as the first but it dose the same thing, but now its out side the chassis. Now at least I can put a piece of 2x4 on the fame to keep it out, but once you remove it its pinned up against the frame. So is it the side pipe or I'm i getting another header that not quite right. I was thinking of getting a torch and heating up a few spots to see if it can be bent into place or not. just don't want to ruin a set of headers. I do have another set of different headers and side pipes and they fit fine. Just that they are a single 3in and out instead of the 4 out onto one. Any way your help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images