View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 09:56 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
I am currently in the process of compiling a list of changes to the Superformance MKIII.
If you are asking if there is a specific chassis number brake-point that you should not purchase from? Absolutely not. A chassis that was road-worthy in the 90's is still up to the task today, but as with any car, maintenance and upkeep is important. A good visual inspection of the car along with a good test drive is highly recommended. Ask if any service records are available. Ask who serviced the car, the dealer, owner or local garage. It is also possible to determine how many owner's a particular chassis has had too if all the owners registered the car with the SPF Registry. True, there have been changes to the MKIII's build specifications. Some were put in place to accommodate changes in availability of parts, Others, like better clearances for 460 engines (i.e. Changed to a higher cowl which required a slightly different windshield frame). Shocks changed, (but the newer shocks fit the older cars) But most of the changes are just plain enhancements to the product. Parts are available to fix anything from my experience.
Feel free to contact me with any specific questions or send me a PM with your phone number and we can chat.
But NOTHING beats your eyes looking over the car and taking it for a test drive.
Blas
What Blas said!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/