View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKII
Not Ranked     

I just went through this in CT with my Superformance MKII 5 months ago. The DMV refused to title it as a 1963 even though all of the original paperwork and Bill of Origin clearly said 1963 on it. It used to be that CT would title composite vehicles as the year in which it most closely resembles, but apparently not any more. Presumably this is so they can charge more in taxes, which is clearly what others are now saying is happening, even on cars that have been previously already registered as a 1965 car.

When I voiced my objection at the DMV when I registered it, they claimed that I was wrong about there already being cars in the state that were titled as the year they most closely resembled, because that could never happen in CT. It was obvious to me at that point that the DMV has their marching orders to find ways to collect the maximum taxes on vehicles and this is how they are doing it. By titling it in the year the Bill of Origin was actually printed, they charge as though it was just any other car and not a composite vehicle. Oh, you still get the benefit of not having to go through bi-annual climate change hoax emission testing, but they are going to get their pound of flesh from you in higher property taxes on your car. And don’t even get me started on their vehicle inspection “experts” in Wethersfield. They failed me the first time I went there because it did not have a cheap set of seat belts in it with a particular DOT label on it, even though the belts in it are approved for use on any high speed race track in the country. So I had to put a set of cheap belts in it and then trailer it back to them one more time. The real truth is the CT DMV hates cars like ours and loves Prius’s or anything that doesn’t use gasoline. CT DMV is the CA mini-me. I fully expect to see them adopt an SB100 type process next. I also expect my Cobra will be taxed based on it’s year of manufacture and not as a composite vehicle used to be taxed, even though they still put composite vehicle on the title. They just refused to put the year it most closely resembles so they can collect more tax revenue for a state that they have already bankrupted and are looking for ways to charge more wherever possible. They view composite vehicle owners as a small minority that they can do without. It is what it is in Connecticutstan. And they still wonder why people are leaving the state in droves just like in CA. Go figure.

BTW, there are still a lot of people here that didn’t vote for any of the leftist clowns running this state. We just don’t have enough dead people and illegal voters voting for common sense anymore, like the people elected do. Those of us who don’t vote for them are all living behind enemy lines here. Not unlike those people in CA that are trapped.

Last edited by caccobra; 05-14-2020 at 04:35 AM..