View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

Hey guys - thanks for the quick responses yesterday. I'm working the retitling process to 1965, but progress has been a challenge. I've gotten mixed feedback from different departments at DMV.

Ed - you nailed it "The have no understanding about what they are taxing". The deputy assessor even admitted that when we spoke over the phone!

Yes, the taxes in CT suck. It's one thing to buy a $100K car, knowing the 'price to play' in annual taxes and whatnot. It's another to get abused by the tax assessor on a 16 year old kit car. The assessors probably never turned a wrench in their lives! No balls, they are so jealous.

I think the path here is either the car gets properly titled at 1965 so historic plates can be applied, or the car is sold out of state. Then they get no money.

Cashburn - I'd like to talk more on the courtesy reinspection. Is this Jay? Can I call you at the number in your autosig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
You know you can get a courtesy reinspection and change to 1965 Composite Cobra right? I mean not now, but for the last 5 years atleast.

If you live in Connecticut, you need to read this thread on registration and taxation BEFORE purchasing a replica:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/regi...re-beware.html