View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui View Post
sorry, been having a hard time logging back in, no teen agers in my house anymore so computers are scary again.

thanks for the welcome.

The car looks like it has not been driven much. Someone took an abrasive disc to "clean up" the front disc which I was not too pleased with. Also by the state of the battery hold down (missing) my guess is that the car was not really driven hard or it would have tumbled the battery across the trunk.

I'd like to replace the front disc and pads asap. Are they a stock mustang part or..? I didn't get any real information from the last owner other than he had taken it as part of a trade on a previous car. He thought is was a basic 428, not a CJ or police interceptor etc.

I live in Maui (hence my name). I have a small shop here though I am mostly retired from that life. I also have a shop at Thunderhill in California where I keep a few motorcycles...for scientific reasons...

All things fast are good with me.
Contemporary offered Wilwood brakes as an option, as you can see in these threads:
Brakes
Wilwood Brakes
Wilwood Brakes

If you don't have Wilwoods, you may have Jaguar brakes:
About to start brake upgrade project

You might be interested in this thread:
"Contemporary used Wilwood, Girling and Dunlop calipers. Depends on what generation the car is as earlier cars are usually Dunlop. I just replaced mine with Wilwood 4 piston aluminum calipers and stainless lines. 100x improvement over original as they are 2008 technology. They are about $150 for each caliper and the lines are around $15. The direct bolt on bracket can be sourced from http://actoncustom.com it is where I purchased mine."
contemporary front brakes