View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell Blown LS1
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Here in Australia we still have a reasonable supply of SBF’s available, but for some reason that I’ve never been able to understand, more than three-quarters (my guess) of the Cobra “replicas” here are fitted with Chev engines. Most also have Tremec gearboxes in their 427s, but that’s a separate (but similar) argument, in my opinion. I'm a Toploader fan, if you hadn't already guessed.

Makes me think back a couple of years, seeing Prince Harry and new wife Meghan departing the wedding celebrations in a very nice E-Type (XKE) Jaguar, which it turns out had been fitted with an ELECTRIC MOTOR! What sacrilege!

Rant over.

Cheers,
Glen
The reason some of us had no choice in Oz was because the emission and noise levels were so restrictive that even the 5.0 late model ford wouldn’t pass, therefore the only choices were ford modular,(too wide for my car without major modifications) or the Chevy L.S.
I had a 428 CJ for it originally that was never going to even come close to passing, therefore the L.S was the only way being same dimensions as the SBF and able to pass emission testing at the time for registration.
Not long after my car was registered the authorities relaxed the requirements so the small block ford was then able to pass emissions again.

Would I change it now? Nope! It makes just on 600hp easily and I would get in and drive it to the other side of the country without hesitation...Not having a roof is the deciding factor for go or no-go

Last edited by kyleb; 05-15-2020 at 11:27 PM..