View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B-McGill
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagowil View Post
It looks like I might have stirred the pot here. Was not my intent (I think).

My all time favorite quote of auto designers is for Dr. Porsche (hope I have this right).

"If I had know the 911 engine would put out so much power, I would have never wen to 2.0 liter for the design". In the 20th century, I believe he was the "pure" hot rodder. Never leave any design alone- make it n=better, faster, lighter.

Every creator, regardless of the art or discipline, always 2nd guesses themselves as to how they could have done it better, cheaper or easier.

We "brand bigots" get all sideways trying to copy the original design to hope to feel the creative genius they originally had.

My uncle was back in the 50's the premier Candy Apple Red car painter on the west coast. Won several 1st place prizes at the Oakland Roadster Show. He was so well know that when the auto paint companies tried to make Candy colors easier to paint, they came to him to test if the new paints were easier and better,

But having a family, he walked away from the custom car business and stepped into the insurance repair business. I had the joy of working with him right after High School. It was a real joy, even he was just running a Pontiac Dealership Auto Body shop. But he really missed the custom work!

Bottom line, every one of our cars are a Masterpiece! Our masterpiece- we are all "Monets". Be proud of what you create, the average Joe marvels at what you have done! And I am proud to call each and every one of you a "comrade" in this journey.

As my Grandfather once told me "even an idiot can teach you something, even if its not how to look like and idiot". Opps, I think I just proved my point!
Back in the 60's, drag racers, especially west coast racers, loved that color. And so did I.