View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Be ware of those who decide what is best, in their mind (often best for them), and then want to pass a law to force everyone to do it their way. People are free to do what they want. Well at least they should be. In theory they are, but then there is reality. I've digressed again.

There is a thing called having some respect for history, tradition, icons, and yes even a deity you may not believe in.

I was in a monastery that records on it date back to the 5th century, built by the Romans. Inside Saint Odile lays in a stone sarcophagus. Deeply religious people come there on a pilgrimage. You cannot help but feel how special this place is. Yet there were young people walking around running there mouths, acting foolish, and mocking the place.

I have also toured Cathedrals and the priest would have to remind people that they are in a place of warship and to quiet down and act with respect. I have seen certain crowds have to be told several times.

This is caused by raising generations of children telling them that they are free to do anything they want, they cannot be punished, and anyone who would judge them is a bigot.

My issue goes much beyond cars. Yes you should not stick a ford engine into a 1969 Hemi Cuda, or a SBC in a Cobra, if possible to do the right thing. But for me it's about having some respect for what something is or was or stood for. The people who are mindless about doing so are annoying. Those in intentionally do these things just to piss off the traditionalist or mom and dad, I especially have issue.

I have held my tongue, as part of the silent majority, for a lifetime. I'm done holding my tongue. You can do whatever you wish, but no I do not have to agree. I do not have to praise you. I can tell you exactly what I think. It's about time some people learn there are consequences, and I do not have to support them. It is not all about what they think. I am allowed to think too.

In short, I just think people should have some respect for history.