View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam View Post
I plan to run the ground wire to the starter relay, which is grounded to the battery to see if that helps. I'll also run the main power there, rather than tapping into the wire that comes from that relay. Heck, for now I may even run both wires directly to the battery just to see if that fixes the problem before cleaning up the wiring around the battery.

But just fyi, the instructions state that the chassis is an acceptable ground (see attached). Again, just sharing of info because, well, I'm the one having issues, so I'm certainly not trying to reject any advice - far from it!
Adam,

Body is a fine ground if it’s done correctly. No powder coating can remain where one grounds and I have seen some that did not do this. They thought the hole drilled through the metal was sufficient. Electrical issues suck big time as they can be hard to find. I had an issue and everyone told me it had to be a ground, well it turned out to be a badly crimped connector for me. Drive me nuts for a coupe days and I only found it after exhaustive trouble-shooting.