View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2998 View Post

Hey guys - lets get real - what we have are hotrods in the image of a cobra, and what I want is to experience the sound and fun and all the good feelings that come in owning a car that touches my heart and sense of nostalgia, whilst knowing that I can never afford an original.
As I said earlier and whole heartedly agree. I have a neighbor/ ex-client (before I retired) that has 2 original 427 Cobras in his collection. I'm not sure he has ever driven either of the cars on the street- too valuable! But his real passion to collect and drive are early 60's cars that most of us overlook. He loves Buick Skylarks, Olds Cutlass, Buicks and Pontiacs. As well as small Triumphs and MGs.

The Cobras make him proud to own, but for him they are more of an investment because he cannot drive them. And I can tell you he is a passionate car guy. He made his fortune starting and owning a majority of the public parking lots in downtown Chicago. Actually has a full time employee that maintains/restores his collection.

We are all here because e=we love the sight, sound and smell of cars, in all of their iterations. We have our preferences and we have been blessed with the ability to chase our "dream car". But I would be willing to bet that if all we could own/drive was a Corvair (sorry Corvair lovers) we would have one!

Unit Gear Heads in our passion and embrace all owners of anyone that owns a car that is proud of his/her ownership!

Thom