View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2998 View Post
Hey guys - lets get real - what we have are hotrods in the image of a cobra, and what I want is to experience the sound and fun and all the good feelings that come in owning a car that touches my heart and sense of nostalgia, whilst knowing that I can never afford an original. I look at my car and see a COBRA and feel real good. I don't see the engine or any of the other stuff. I just know there is an All American V8 waiting to be unleashed and again I feel good. I start it and pull away and again I feel good. All this I get wether it is a Chevy or a Ford.
So back in 1977 when GM decided to quietly slip Chevy engines into Oldsmobile cars, why did that matter?

As the result of a class action law suit, over 10,000 people who bought Oldsmobiles with Chevrolet engines before April 10, 1977, were entitled to refunds of $550 each.

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/06/28/u...f-engines.html

Granted the decision was based on false advertisement, but that is how most general public folks feel, when they walk up to a replica of a Cobra to see a Chevy engine in it. They are all excited when they see the car. Then they walk up and see the Chevy engine and get a rush of emotions. Shock, disappointment, and betrayal to name a few. False advertising sums it up.

Some may speak out angrily, and the owner thinks that person is a jerk. Most will choke back the vomit and try to say something nice. Certainly many are clueless or don't care. Since they have that in common with the owner, they are likely to carry on a conversation. But I come back to the ones that spoke out. Although the minority, are they really the jerk, or are they just too honest?

Last edited by olddog; 05-20-2020 at 11:35 AM..