Old 05-21-2020, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
Buzz

If our replicas are just a kit car hot rod, then why bother with the Shelby Cobra body look a like? Why use that body if the history of what it represents is meaningless to you? As I said earlier if you live where it is extremely difficult to use a Ford engine, I give you a total pass.

I feel the same way if someone built a replica of a Corvette and stuck a Ford engine in it. Or a replica of a Hemi Cuda and stuck a Toyota engine in it. Why build something that is a true Icon and defile it for no good reason?

Anyway good talking to you.
Defile it Olddog - you have a way of making the whole thing sound so sordid and depraved I feel like I need an exorcism now

Why choose the Cobra? Maybe some people just love the performance and that voluptuous, sexy, curvy body. See? I can talk dirty too
Maybe they care less than you do about the history and heritage or they figure their little hot rod has no impact on the pedigree of the real thing. Different perspectives I suppose.

To be honest, if I had built my car from the start, I would've tried to use a Ford based powertrain and though I flirted with the idea of importing a built 427 at triple your Stateside costs, the car ran so strong and well that I just wasn't motivated enough. I get the point about simple authenticity when at all possible but what I don't get is all the passion about what others do on their own dime with their own cars. Now - if I had used your money, your time and your tools, I think you'd have a legitimate beef.

Take care today, and as always, its a pleasure chatting with you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...