View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
... I got 23 likes for the badges on the AC Cobra FB page and 4 likes on The Cobra Register FB page, but I guess those 'likes' aren't turning into many orders ...
That kind of unpredictable or perhaps asymmetric response / behavior / experience is fairly typical of social networking. After the last keypress there is no reasonable correlation to the next logical follow on activity. It can be feast or famine because for most, the event ended with the keypress. Sometimes it is not much better over here.

The social networks and the bulletin board environments tend to foster different follow on experiences. If you want to follow or look up a particular subject to help you in your build, for example, the bulletin board format does a better job of organizing the information. If you want to express a personal position, pro or con, on a social matter, at that moment social media tends to be a better platform. If you are searching for knowledge about a subject like we all do on here the bulletin board tends to be a better forum.

Beware the social media disconnect.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.