View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
My car was built by Herb and Matt Adams. They have a long history with GM engines and cars. Nothing in the car chassis or drive train has anything to do with the original cobra, though I am told the body, dash and such are very true to the original.

When they built the car for the original owner, Steve (forgot last name for the moment), it was built to his specification which apparently included the all aluminum Brodex chevy based small block bored and stroked to 427 CI. It has a forged crank, h section racing style rods, roller lifters and roller rockers.

I imagine the Adams' did not discourage from it.

I will say this though, there is plenty of room in the engine bay for a big block ford. The chevy actually leaves a bit of room around it for getting parts in and out.

It is a hand build supercar and other than the body shares nothing with an original cobra. It contains a boat load of top quality racing style parts. It weighs about 2000# and has I suppose at least 500 hp. It will definitely keep your attention focused on driving it. It does go very fast and gets a lot of thumbs up.
I'm sure it is a nice car. It has a good reliable engine that makes plenty of power. Don't misunderstand me. I am not spitting on your Cobra, and I have no issue with you. Maybe the original owner had a good reason or maybe he did not. My issue, if I had one, would be with the original owner, but what's done is done. I'm more interested in getting the generations, to come, to think before they act.

Last edited by olddog; 05-22-2020 at 11:03 AM..