View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
There are gobs of FE making 700hp and more. In fact Shelby built two with ~900 hp. The surviving one (his personal untouched Cobra) went at auction around $6,000,000.

People put EFI on FE too. You don't like FE? Well a EFI Windsor can easily make 700 Hp. Want something newer? You can make 700 hp out of a Modular to.

Exactly what is so awesome about it?
Just a personal opinion based off no facts. I would think the LS platform would be more reliable than an equally powered FE build based on the thousands of them running around. I also would expect the availability of the OEM electronics and fuel injections setup to be far superior of anything available for an FE. I have zero issues with a higher powered FE but I assume you really pay to play at that level.

If it’s a higher HP build I was driving all the time I want something I can easily get parts for and people know how to build. I have a dart block windsor but I will be making a change at some time as I want a bit more power...I’m running around 575hp/575tq with a t56 and 4.30 gear. I haven’t come across many 700hp+ pump gas Windsors that are not running rollers or higher compression. I spoke with Jim Kuntz before he passed and he convinced me he had a recipe. I now see that Bennet Racing located in AL offers a 445w windsor that looks like a nice offering.

I may have missed the original post but the value of one of these cars doesn’t mean much to me. I view them all as kits or replicas. I just want it to be fun to drive. So whatever floats your boat is good with me.