View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8litercobra View Post
I have a built 438"W in my Unique cobra. All aluminum, callies magnum crank, P38 heads, etc. I absolutely love it. My everyday is a Roush supercharged coyote in an '18 regular cab F150, tuned, 700+ hp. I love that too.

As much as I love both engines, in my opinion, they are both in the correct vehicle; I don't think I would want either vehicle if the engines were swapped. The rough 438 would be a no go in nearly any other vehicle, but for me, it is uniquely suited to the period character of what I want a cobra to be. The blown coyote is smooth with awesome power, suited for a/c, power steering, abs, etc. There if you need it, relatively hidden if you don't.
Sounds like a great build. Aren’t the P38 the Kaase heads? If so I hardly ever come across a thread where someone used those in their build. What kind of power did it make?

That Kaase crew puts out some great stuff. Their former employee Greg Brown broke off and is offering his own Hemi style windsor head. I don’t know much about the product but it looked promising.

Last edited by Ace23; 05-27-2020 at 09:09 PM..