View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default I've driven my replica in all kind of weather

I bought my car from the original builder at Hot August Nights in 99. It was built as a competitive car in NV so hot weather was prepared for. The car is white, a practical choice for NV. Try laying your arm on the outside of one of those black cars in the summer sun. But no soft top. I moved it to Tacoma WA, it rains here. I had an old 56 Bristle for a while and the soft top made it livable. as a daily driver by a young person with a family, The practical car stayed home for the wife and kids. When I bought the Bristle in 71, my uncle in CAL told me that this is the kind of car where you do not worry about the water getting in but rather make sure it can get out. It is going to get wet. My replica gets wet when I'm stopped but when driving it's the drip from the windshield stanchion on my leg is the problem. The original builder used the biggest copper radiator and covered it with four electric fans. with adjustable thermostat controls top and bottom pair of fans. Aluminum radiators seem to work best the first season then they become less and less effective to handle the cooling mission. That is from a family friend that has s stock ca. r He plans on buying a new aluminum racing radiator every other year. Winter time here, in an unheated garage, gets messy , smoke when started from so much un burnt fuel until it's warm up. And cold oil is a problem with a high volume oil pump. It's a balance between keeping it running and not revving that will shear the distributer drive pin. Summer is great that is what it was built for. Back in Iowa winter 72-75 with the 56 bristle, when getting on Interstate 80 at 14th ST going East, snow blew through, in one side and out the other side, I wear a base ball hat with a chin strap and sun glasses that fit tight to cut any wind from the eyes. When driving take a sweat shirt or long sleeved shirt, for chill and sun burn.