View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Barn Find...Need Assistance From The Forum

Good Day, All!

Client approached me wanting to trade work for her deceased husbands Cobra kit car. The car is located in Florida and had been sitting outside for sometime. I don't know the history or if it runs. Need to ask more questions. My goal, with the direction of the forum and if even plausible, would be to acquire the car and do a complete restoration with my uncle who is in the business of restoring cars from the teens - 60s. I am not in any way a car guy and have no experience restoring, so this would be more about spending time with my uncle, learning about his incredible craft and driving away with something we did together. That has been a life long dream to do with him.

Here are my initial questions I'm hoping for some direction from the group:

1. where the heck is the hood release? I know there is a motor inside this blue baby, but I can't see the dang thing!
2. how do I identify the kit manufacture and is that even important?
3. what things do I need to know to assist in determining the value for the barter offer?
4. where do I draw the line with surface rust. This car clearly has been sitting and has surface rust EVERYWHERE. As mentioned, I have the means to do a full resto if necessary.

I'm hoping this will be a fun adventure for all involved, including this forum and I greatly appreciate the feedback I get here.

Thank you!

Chad Hawkins
Panama City Beach, FL
Attached Images