View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

It has been years since I was on a tear to start changing stuff and was on the restraint issue. As I remember there are two different adjustment configuration systems pull up and pull down Most cars being pull down as the driver is doing it by and for his self. The pull up is for assistance from outside crew. I'm intent on replacing the 36 year old harnesses that came with the car . The lap belts are Simpson hook latch style. What I dislike is you have to remain still while stacking all the strap end connecters , in order, on what I'd call a tongue of the main buckle latch ending with the other side lap belt before closing then tightening the individual straps. If you move before closing or miss the hook when latching every thing falls and you start over. If it's a casual situation and are only lap belted in you have to disconnect and start over to add the shoulder or anti submarine connectors. I want new SFI rated cam latch harnesses with the driver side shoulder straps anchored to my roll bar spreader bar eyes. I get the Y antisubmarine belt so its a 5 point cam latch with 6 anchor points. My car isn't in my garage right now but the old Simpson main lap belt is of a wide web material conforming to everything and maybe gives a little as to not jerk me in two . All official tags are gone everything is got to be out of date. The shoulder harness are made from hard shiny OEM belt material. The old shoulder harnesses are a signal anchored strap anchored in the trunk and coming through the rear bulkhead through a chromed metal grommet and the Y to go over the shoulders I think they would preform but not certified for anything from here on. So thing are changing. I do not think current SFI is OK with a single anchor strap "Y"ing in to two shoulder straps. I have that changed for the driver side as I have a spreader bar attached to the lower part of the roll bar with two anchor eyes. I do not have a roll bar for a passenger side and the shoulder harness still will be anchored in the trunk and have to come through the rear bulk head. As I remember back when thinking about changing things the official way to get my shoulder harness the Y was out and it would need to be two straps coming from a anchor point. What would I do to the two single straps coming through the rear bulkhead to start separating them to go on either side of the neck before going over the shoulders?