View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

The fans are not really large and all 4 together cover the copper radiator. I bought a rebuilt alternator that was rated at 74 amps . The normal single belt alternator that would be used on a FE engine in that era. I used to have problems with the heated water rising to the top of the radiator and draining the batteries when parking and not turning off the master battery switch, I installed a Flaming River push in to kill master switch, It is convenient now, twist to engage and bump to off. I installed a yellow top Optima battery. My car came with the smallest 12V battery he could use. I'd forget to turn off the master switch under the dash on the firewall, Not convenient while belted in. expecting to be there only a moment. The hot coolant would rise to the top and turn on the fans which didn't make that much noise and given a little time I would be left with not enough battery to restart the engine also back then with the way the carbs were set up foe Reno it didn't take much to start just the incline of a gas station drive way was enough to roll a little and pop the clutch it would fire and off I'd go. Now it takes a lot more cranking to get it lit now and the weather here is cooler than Reno during Hot August Nights 1999. I usually start with a full battery, I have left home almost out of gas.