View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

From above:
"I bought 20 12mm X1.5 -20mm long bolts from Mcmaster.
Removed the pin drive hubs from the car and attached the drive drive nuts to the hub using the short bolts. Then attached the hubs to the wheel using the Knockoff spinner.
Had the whole assembly road force balanced as a unit. Once done match marked the Hubs to the Wheel clock angle. (I even noted where each pin drive nut was located)"

The Wheel, Pin drive hub, spinner fits on the balancer actually better as the Pin Drive hub ID is smaller and easier to fit a centering cone in it. The outer retaining "Wingnut" (for lack of a better description) usually has a rubberized face to prevent marring of wheel finishes is tightened again the Spinner.

The pin drive hub caps (if you have them) will need to be removed so it will slide fully on the balancer.

Those short 20mm long bolts mentioned above are assembled with the drive nuts you have to remove to get the pin drive hubs off the car.

The most important item is to match mark the hub to the wheel (Sharpie pen) so when you reinstall the wheel on the hub on the car the clocking is the same as the balance.