View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastd View Post

..... More advice: don’t rush your decision - find cars with a coyote/a rumble 427 and go see it and ask to go for a ride. Searching with real intent and ability to buy is a lot of fun.

==========

MJJ

Great advice here from fastd … do your homework. Go to local cars & coffee or see if there are any Club Cobra members that are local and check out their cars and ask questions. You will no doubt meet some very nice people and learn a lot along the way. You will figure out pretty quickly what you do like and just as important, what you do not like.

I have a professionally built 302 with an old school Holly 650 w/manual choke, that was professionally setup and the car runs great, very responsive and does not overheat. There are a lot of factors that go into drivability, transmission gearing & rear axle ratio to name a few. The sound of the motor has a lot to do with the compression ratio, camshaft, intake & exhaust. The sound of a Cobra is wonderful part of the overall experience.

My advice is to buy / build the car of your dreams, not someone else’s. What you think & want is all that really matters, it's your Cobra.