View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

Both a 427 or Coyote can be relatively low maintenance and fun to drive if you have a good engine builder.. One is old school, one new school and they do not sound the same. I have so far seen and heard eight replicas with Coyotes and they sound decent but they do not have the “thump” of a pushrod engine. Where they excel though is they are a modern efficient engine and will get better fuel mileage with ample out of the box hp. If you want the “look” of an original Cobra then it’s the stroked 351 to 427 with EFI for improved drivability and fuel efficiency. If you want zero to tinker on, reliability and better fuel mileage go Coyote. They will start right up and run at any altitude.

Saying the above, I would not want to work on Coyote though if things go wrong. They are very large engines leaving very little work space and the technology is way above my pay grade. Personally I prefer a push rod engine in a replica but that is my personal preference, it will be your car so do what you want and need.

Edited to add that 15’s look much better. Sure there are not a lot of choices but MT’s are decent and good for driving. If you track go Avons. I had Wilwoods for my 15’s and they worked great, no problems stopping.

Last edited by KDubU; 06-08-2020 at 06:00 AM..