View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Anybody know of a great deal on a pair of 6 pt cam lock harnesses , It seems to me there are some way over priced racing harnesses out there. The reputable belts with SFI and FIA tags would suggest they have some faith in their product. I'll admit that there probably is some a differences in some materials used. In looking around found some new harnesses with about to expire tags better priced but still are still mostly too high. The belts I'm replacing are, I'm guessing, 35 years old. The really nice ones were intended for all out racing with racing seats , roll cages, SA stickered SNELL helmets with Hanns devices I'm never going to do that but want harnesses that will do everything I'd want. The passenger side would get as good but with the limitation of not having a roll bar to anchor to. The passenger shoulder straps would still need to go through the rear bulk head wall to a frame anchor point in the trunk. Light colors look great when new but would really show any stains and look crappy, in short time with me. I've looked around and just know enough to be dangerous. I want to hear any thing that would help me reach a conclusion?