Thread: ICVs in NSW
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is my first and potentially my last (hopefully not) posting on this forum.

I am particularly disappointed in the lack of visible and vocal support for Treeve! Only three people responded on CC forum, NONE from NSW. There was a little more on the Aus Club Cobra, Daytona & GT40 FB page and a continuing discussion on the OZClubbies site.

A little about me – I worked for over 30 years as a technical professional in a large global organization. I was fortunate to work with and lead highly qualified, globally recognized experts with Phds from some of the best Universities on the planet. These people all shared common traits, deep and often broad knowledge, a high level of skill and application, but most importantly – an undeniable Passion for their subject. They hated processes and bureaucracy behind which many incompetent leaders hid and used to kill innovation and at times the individual.

I have only known Treeve for approx. six years. He reminds me very much of my past colleagues. He is well educated, has worked building and engineering vehicles since he was a teenager and has developed and extremely deep knowledge of his subject. It started as a hobby, which in many ways it still is and has grown into a business that not only supports his hobby, but all of us. His efforts are clearly not about keeping the business alive, but keeping the “hobby” alive for himself and others. You cannot deny his passion and commitment to our cause – he is the last engineer standing! Over the years he has made significant investments in equipment to enable him to undertake the required testing and time to understand the regulations both at a national and state level.

Whilst this is primarily a NSW issue with a significant number of vehicles (in which people have invested millions of dollars) stalled up in the system, it is also national. Anybody wishing to move to NSW with an already registered ICV will find it virtually impossible to transfer the registration if the current situation remains.

The bureaucracy and flawed processes are finally killing Treeve and he needs our support! I have written to my local member who also happens to be the premier, seeking to get the required changes. I am happy to share my letter, please PM me if you would like a copy to assist you in doing the same.

Ecca