View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Currently my belt system is a set of latch link Simpson lap belts with diy "Y" shoulder harnesses that are not the open weave webbing as the lap belts,. They were made of the smooth strapping you'd expect in DOT OEM stuff. They were not the sewing you'd expect from a commercial belt manufacture. Both sets of shoulder straps are the single strap with a "Y" coming through. the rear bulk head wall. The current belt- harnesses were created back in 85 era. The original builder competed in hill climb put on by the local Ferrari club in Virginia City NV . I bought the car in RENEO NV in 99. It has only the drivers side roll bar. I have added the spreader bar with eyes for attaching belts to this roll bar. I plan on hooking the drivers shoulder straps to the roll bar spreader and eyes as they will raise the anchor point to slightly higher than my shoulders. I do not really like the latch link system as every thing has to be attached before tightening. several times I have been trying to hook everything up while in motion, does not work well. I realize this car may never get to another track or coarse. Theses harness are the best that could be done for safety to a kit car. Several times, I had gone to all the struggle getting all belted in, only to realize I hadn't turned the master switch on and could not reach said switch and had to disconnect to turn the master switch on. I changed the switch situation.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 06-08-2020 at 08:18 PM..