View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Any and most discussion is great, always bring up points that may help . I think the racing harnesses are usually better than approved OEM-DOT, just not as convenient, and way better than nothing. IF asked when building another Cobra replica, dual roll bars would be a must have. Nostalgic seats look good but a racing seat would be practical with the potential these cars have, remember they made racing seats back in the day that contained the people better than the normal seats but harder getting in and out of.
Back to my original question now with the 35 year old harnesses all the shoulder harnesses shoulder straps come through the rear bulk head. I have taken steps to change the driver situation but the passenger side while never being used in any demonstration of speed would not be occupied. The anchor point for the passenger shoulder straps is in the trunk to a frame point. Every thing is pretty much the way it is . Is there a better pass through than the slit in the rear bulk head wall (with thin carpet) and with a chromed sheet metal trim escutcheon ? If I'm going with two straps, I have to space the two straps as they will come through the wall for the space to not be against the neck of any one that would sit there. Is there a nice (better) guide for the shoulder straps to come through the fiberglass wall or am I just going to cut two cut two new slits and buy two chromed escutcheon plates ?