View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Jeff,

I believe you will find that businesses that have been in business for multiple years, by and large have good product and service records — after all that's how they stay in business. The three best engine builders in the country are probably out of the price range of all but the most well heeled enthusiasts.

If you still want someone out of that "Top" category try Roush Yates Engines down in Mooresville, NC. If you like to stay closer to Detroit try Roush Performance or your third pick might be Roush Competition Engines also in Michigan.

If you want to have an excellent engine and someone to chat with about your custom build then you want to talk to Brent Lykins at Lykins Motorsport who is a member on the site here or the folks at Craft Performance Engines also a member on the site here.

Your build from Roush or Roush Yates will not be a custom build. It will be a good motor but it will be one of their "production" performance builds. If you use Roush Competition Engines they will build you a custom engine any way you want. I suspect you might be surprised at the price tag.

Smart money (and owners) use Lykins Motorsport or Craft Performance Engines.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.