View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Not sure, I'll have to check. Trying to keep control on the websites.

I'd like to get Cobra owners from all manufactures of adding them here or AL least getting permission to post my ad. I have a feeling that if I ask, they may think I'm spamming people as I don't own their manufactured Cobra ?

I'm trying to get as many people wanting AVON tires, as the more we get, the better chance we have in getting a very good deal. Myself, I don't see spending 2k on just tires. They are a great tire and will look as close to the G/Y Billboards that I'm seeking.

Another issue is most tires are short profile/aspect ratio, not a 50 or 60 series. I've even considered the ole BF GOODRICH RADIAL T/A. I still think they look great, although not a good traction tire. Remember those guys ?
!!!. They bring back memories.....

As always with me, I want show and go. I've been looking at a few tire manufacturers like,....

Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Tires 3454

Really like the look of Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Tire 6654 (although they would look like a "hot rodded" on my Cobra")

I really don't need a track & street combo as I don't race anymore, but I want better traction than my G/Y Eagle ll's. But if we can't get a deal on the AVON's, I might buy the combo ?

I assume,...that this ?AVON is a bias-ply, I don't see that information ?

15" Historic all weather | Avon Motorsport

Last edited by FUNFER2; 06-24-2020 at 03:18 PM..