View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hey Guys; Getting Real Close To Selling - Your Input Appreciated

Hi All;

I posted earlier this month trying to establish an approx fair market range for this car and didn't get a lot of response but there were a couple of helpful contacts - thank you.

The owner who I am helping sell this Factory Five Mk2 for is unfortunately selling due to health reasons. This car would never be going up for sale otherwise.

Working today on getting better pics but I do have a couple now that are better than the first ones I posted as well as a better description of some of the work that was done.

If you could, please let me know if anything looks to be missing or described incorrectly as we sure want to do things the right way.

Just below, in addition to the pics is some ad copy for your review. Your input and suggestions on a fair market hi-lo price range is greatly appreciated.

thx,
brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This 1965 Shelby Cobra replica was built from a 2002 Factory Five Mk 2 kit that was assembled by its current and only owner beginning in 2002 and was completed in 2009. As you will see, this was a true labor of love and it is an extremely high quality build. This car gets a huge amount of attention wherever it goes, including Cobra specific meetups.

The body is finished in House Of Kolor Organic Green Kandy with Glint Gold Pearl stripes over a custom tan leather interior. Both the seats and door panels are leather; the dashboard and transmission tunnel are covered with exotic burl wood.

Power is from a 521ci Custom Ford Cobra V8 paired with a Tremec TKO five-speed manual transmission. Tremec mid-shifter shift relocation kit is installed offering superior ergonomics. Additional details of the build include the use of all A.R.P. nuts and bolts, dual chrome roll bars, Russell braided stainless steel lines, ceramic coated side pipes with polished stainless steel pipe guards, Pete Jackson gear drive, aluminum heads and intake, Ford Super Cobra Jet with heavy duty springs, 12.5 to 1 compression, chrome plated Blue Thunder intake manifold has been ported and polished and gasket matched. Polished electric water pump, two sets of triple cooling fans, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, Welden electric in-line fuel pump, chrome plated Hilborn injection, injection switches and electric circuits are located behind glove box door. Safety items include a fire extinguisher, emergency fuel shutoff, and battery shutoff.

The car features fiberglass bodywork over a big block tubular steel chassis. The Organic Green Kandy and Gold Pearl paint scheme is dazzling and truly sets this Cobra apart from the crowd. Brightwork includes dual roll hoops, chrome bumperettes, tubular guards, upgraded fender side vent louvers, and license plate brackets. Additionally, there is a complete set of Autometer gauges with angled bezels and a dash-mounted shift light, plus triple windshield mounted rear view mirrors, wind wings, sun visors, and Simpson four point racing seat belts. Frame is powder coated, independent rear suspension, 3.73 street gears, four wheel disc brakes, and chrome Trigo 5 lug knockoff wheels fitted with BF Goodrich Drags all around, 235-60-R15's up front and 275-50-R15's in the rear.

The current owner acquired the car direct from Factory Five Racing in 2002 and the build took approximately seven years. From 2009 to 2011 the car was trailered to various events then registered and driven a total of 1044 miles. Car has a fresh oil change and is turn-key ready to go. It uses Evan's waterless coolant and is setup to run on 110 octane fuel.

This Cobra replica is offered in Connecticut with a clean Connecticut title. Complete records, receipts and photographs documenting this build will be passed on to the next owner along with the many trophies it has won including Best of Show at a FFR Cobra show. A California Custom car cover is included.

This car has never been raced!

Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer; we will assist in every way that we can.

Thank you for having a look.

Pictures

video
Attached Images