View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
but the fuel injection system was so screwed up it couldn't get out of its own way. Cost me about 10K to finally get it straightened out (including shipping the car to Roush).
Yes. That's why my main motto is KISS. I like carburetors, not that I am good messing with them! OEM's have likely spent alot more time/money developing their FI systems than any aftermarket company. Same as with other automotive systems.

I would say generally the more simple you keep it, the cheaper it is in the beginning (still buying quality parts - excluding MSD), the easier it is diagnose issues, and the cheaper it is to repair. And maybe even more reliable in the long run.

Regarding CSX6027, it all depends on how much you like to gamble. Bid "top" dollar assuming everything is correct. I would bid the price of a roller + a little more, for the ? small chance there may be some major issues with engine more than anything else. I'm guessing the car really needs to be aligned by someone good.

I've had performance engineering do work for me in the past, on 2 separate occasions, and because of both of these experiences, I would not use them again, and be maybe a little hesitant about paying top dollar for anything they touched.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."

Last edited by Anthony; 07-11-2020 at 05:03 AM..