View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 03:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the kind comments, gents. It feels good to get 5 whole minutes of drive time on it after all these years. I can't go too far as neither the Houston PD nor the Texas State Troopers are known to have a real good sense of humor about unregistered/uninsured cars on the road. I'll get to that when the local county executive decides to open the motor vehicle offices. One of you asked about raising the ride height. Although I myself like the low look, the tires are sometimes interfering with the fenderwell opening. I have to raise it no more than about one inch and all should be good on that. As for the tires, they're really old, older than 10 years. They need to go, that'll be the last thing I do before I start driving it. I'll probably put another set of Billboards on it.

Jamo, thanks for the kind words, there is so much more that went into this car than meets the eye. It's been a very, very long road, and I'm very pleased that the journey is almost over. As for the engine, that's probably worth a separate write up, if anyone has interest. It's an amazing engine built by Blair Patrick. Lastly, as for posting the video, I really don't want to open a YouTube account. I take a kind of cranky old man (I am) pride in the fact that I have no social media accounts at all, and being as negative on the effects of social media as I am, I'd really like to keep it that way. I have no Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TickTock, or any of that stuff. I realize that there is some good to come from all those things but to me, I think there is far more bad than good. I'd like to stay out of it.

That's about it for now, I'll probably start asking a few questions here and there in other new threads as I start working on the punch list.

EDIT: I added a separate thread about the engine here: Some details on my 520 cu. in. FE engine

Last edited by 767Jockey; 07-11-2020 at 04:21 PM..