Thread: Csx 6027
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX6027
Not Ranked     

Also included with the car are engine assembly photos and dyno sheets. i agree that lack of underside photos is not good, but with the interior and exterior being in the shape it is in one would have to assume the car has been garaged and covered the entire time. not knowing the history and not knowing WHY the single owner has never driven this car is driving me crazy. the engine bay looks complete i can see nothing missing, obviously that doesn't tell me if there are even pistons in the block or not. a mecum rep which i will be bidding over the phone with is supposed to call the day of the auction in advance and will do a walk around and start up with me on the phone. i am thinking if it runs then there can only be relatively small fixable things wrong with it. the nice thing about carbs vs FI is they are cheap to fix or replace. again i am not looking at this as an investment and i am not worried about resale. i am wanting a really cool car by cobra owners standards that doesn't end up being another 40k beyond buying. there is an additional 12.5% commission paid to mecums on the sale price.